Schedule: Monday - Sunday - 00:00 - 24:00

Alcohol Poisoning


Signs Effects And Causes Of Alcohol Overdose Within Lincolnshire At Alcohol Rehab Lincolnshire

It is a misconception that you can be treated with Black Coffee. It harms the health of the user. Sleeping it off is of no help either.


The effects of trying to get your friend sober through these orthodox methods could be catastrophic. And since it is hard to identify, the things mentioned above are especially true if a friend is suffering from a severe case alcohol overdose.

The volume of alcohol consumed does not determine this as people who suffer it may have consumed much or a few bottles of alcohol. You could stop the situation from becoming fatal when you know the symptoms of severe alcohol overdose.


Alcohol Is Poisonous To Our Health Call Lincolnshire

Alcohol can have life-threatening consequences sometimes because it is toxic, even though it may not look like it. Only a single unit of alcohol could be handled by your body in an hour time.


Exceeding this limit will affect the body in a bad way; even the mental and physical functioning will be disturbed.

It could:

  • Impair your brain responses so that you can't keep your balance
  • Alters the workings of your gag reflex through incessant vomiting caused by stomach irritation, making you to inhale your own vomit into your lungs or choke on it
  • Halting the activities of those nerves that control your heartbeat and breathing
  • Dehydration that can easily permanently damage the brain
  • Cause Hypothermia, in which the user's body temperature drops
  • It will lower the blood sugar levels within the body leading to seizures

Ready to Get Help?

CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509



Signs Of Alcohol Overdose Visit Lincolnshire

It is not easy to judge if the person has or has not Alcohol Poisoning. Your house guest can easily become severely intoxicated one minute after just being very drunk the minute before.


When someone you care about has a case of severe alcohol overdoes, they will become helpless, and that is why it is important to know what the signs of alcohol overdose are.

Following are some of the signs, which can help you identify if the person has alcohol poisoning or not:

  • Confusion
  • Lack of coordination
  • Being sick
  • Fits
  • Slow or irregular breathing (lower than 8 times in a minute)
  • Bluish or pale skin colour
  • Lower than usual body temperature (hypothermia)
  • Stupor - Being conscious but unresponsive
  • Passing out - Unconciousness

Educate Yourself To Avoid Making It Worse After Lincolnshire

It can be very dangerous when someone suffers from a severe alcohol overdose. It could escalate due to your best intentions.


You will come across a number of myths providing information about how you should deal with people who have consumed alcohol excessively, and therefore, it will be a good idea for you to make sure that you understand what you should not be doing.


Don't:

  • Let Them Get Past It By Sleeping
  • The quantity of alcohol within the blood from an individual will continue to rise despite not having any more.
  • The reason is because the bloodstream continues to absorb more alcohol from the digestive system.
  • Excessive alcohol within the blood prohibits the body from functioning properly.
  • Give Them Coffee
  • Alcohol can dehydrate the body.
  • This way, when you give coffee to the patient, they will get more dehydrated.
  • This can result to lasting brain damage when the water loss is too much.
  • Make Them Throw Up
  • The gag reflex within the body to the individual will not be functioning properly, and therefore, it can result in them choking on their vomit.
  • Make Them Walk
  • Alcohol is a depressant which will decrease the brian's functioning rate and impact the snse of balance.
  • The risk of accidents when you walk them around will increase.
  • Put Them In A Cold Shower
  • You could experience hypothermia caused by reduction in your body temperature by the alcohol.
  • They will be in worst situation, when they get colder because of the cold shower.
  • Allow Them To Consume More Alcohol
  • The quantity of alcohol within the bloodstream could become dangerously excessive.

Any amount of alcohol can lead to an alcohol overdose, as no amount is too small.

Binge drinking is often the cause of alcohol poisoning, and this is a fact which has been confirmed by the medical fraternity. This however isn't always what happens.

Other factors play a vital role in getting this problem, like your age, gender, weight, recent food and its amount, your overall health and other drugs that you take in daily life.

Because of this, abiding by the low risk advise is essential. Drinking more than 14 units of alcohol a week is not recommended for women or men. However, in order to keep the short-term risks [accidents or injuries] in check from the convention of alcohol it is strongly advised that a limit should be exercised on the quantity to be consumed on a single occasion.


Do Not Wait For All The Symptoms To Exhibit Themselves Before Seeking Help From Lincolnshire

When it comes to an alcohol overdose, prevention is better than cure.

Contact emergency services on 999 for medical assistance when you suspect someone is suffering from an alcohol overdose, even when you are not sure.

Numerous people are being taken to the hospital with acute alcohol poisoning on every weekend. If someone's condition is not too bad, then they can go back home after proper monitoring. They can do the following if it is more severe:

  • Insert a tube within their windpipe in order to help them breathe
  • They could even insert an IV to increase the water levels within the body along with the blood sugar and the vitamins.
  • Equip them with a catheter - this tube allows them to immediately empty their bladder into a bag.
  • Flush fluids using a tube placed in the mouth or nose in a procedure known as stomach pumping.